Chris Quinn provides "spot-on advice"
European Legal 500
Chris Quinn is a consultant in Matheson's Finance and Capital Markets Department and focuses on asset finance, leasing, structured and cross-border financing and securitisations. Chris advises many of the world's leading financial institutions, investment banks, aircraft financing banks, aircraft owners, aircraft lessors, airlines, financial arrangers and investments advisers both located in Ireland and throughout the world.
Chris has extensive experience in asset finance, leasing, structured cross border financing and securitisation transactions including the acquisition, financing, sale and leaseback and defeasance of aircraft, ships, rail, rolling stock and other equipment. Chris' clients include a number of the major aircraft leasing companies, both Irish and foreign airlines, equipment leasing companies, many of the major asset financing and equipment leasing banks and many of the leading investment banks.
Chris has spoken at a number of securitisation, structured finance and airfinance conferences and has contributed a number of articles to Structured Finance and Asset Finance publications. Chris has spoken at a number of conferences in relation to Aircraft Transactions and Ireland. He is also a regular speaker at Cape Town Convention and Aircraft Protocol Legal conferences.
- On the $1.5 billion merger of two Aircraft leasing companies.
- On a $750 million Aircraft Structured Financing Facility involving both ECA and US EXIM financing facilities.
- The establishment of a European wide leasing programme for a US multinational in relation to the office equipment and office technology for its 250 European affiliates.
- Establishment of an Irish joint venture between a number of parties to acquire, manage and market 70 new airbus aircraft.
- The establishment of numerous orphan and SPV structures to finance a variety of assets including aircraft and ships.
- The issuance of a $550 million secured notes by an Irish aircraft lessor.
- The acquisition by an Irish lessor of over 50 aircraft and an airline.
- The sale of 95 aircraft for an Irish aircraft lessor.
- The restructuring of an Irish lessor with over 200 aircraft.
Chris Quinn is named ‘Highly Regarded’
Chris Quinn is "extremely knowledgeable and pragmatic."
Recognised for Asset Finance Law, Aviation Law, Banking and Finance Law and Structured Finance Law
Best Lawyers Ireland 2019 edition
Chris Quinn is a highly regarded practitioner with a wealth of experience in asset finance.
Chambers Global and Europe 2018
Chris Quinn is named a Highly Regarded Individual.
Lawyer of the year (Ireland) for Asset Finance Law
Best Lawyers Ireland 2018 edition
Chris Quinn is named a leading individual.
European Legal 500 2017
Chris Quinn "instils confidence in you" and is "responsive, thorough and pleasant to work with".
Chambers Global & Europe 2017
Chris Quinn is named a Leading Lawyer.
Chris is also recognised as a leading lawyer by international legal directories Euromoney Expert Guides, Who's Who Legal, European Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.
University College Dublin (BA in English and History)