Niamh is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Department at Matheson. Niamh has over 10 years’ experience working with highest calibre clients on sophisticated commercial transactions. Niamh has significant experience leading and co-ordinating a varied range of complex transactions across all commercial real estate sectors and in all stages of acquisition, financing, development, leasing, management and sale.
Niamh has particular experience in advising Irish and international companies in the acquisition, leasing and development of office, mixed use and industrial developments. Niamh advises a wide range of high profile multinational companies in the technology and pharmaceutical sectors as well as financial institutions on all of their real estate needs setting up and expanding their presence in Ireland.
Niamh has significant experience in real estate aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising HubSpot Inc on the letting and development of EMEA headquarters at 1 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, SOBO District, Dublin extending to over 110,000 square foot.
- Advising HP Inc on management and sale of a significant industrial manufacturing campus with sitting tenants reported as one of the largest ever trades of an industrial facility in Ireland.
- Advising Irving Oil on real estate aspects of its acquisition of the Tedcastles Group (t/a Top Oil) including a portfolio of over 130 real estate properties located across Ireland, reported as one of the most significant transactions to occur in the Irish domestic market during 2018.
- Advising Pepsi in respect of the purchase, development and continued expansion of a food and beverage manufacturing research and development campus at Little Island in Cork.
- Advising a leading global healthcare company on their acquisition and development of a state of the art pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in the Dublin region.
- Advising Lufthansa on the sale of a high profile industrial and office development at Rathcoole, County Dublin.
- Advising Nomad Foods Limited in respect of the real estate aspects of its €225 million acquisition of Green Isle Foods Limited.
- Advising BNY Mellon on real estate aspects of a cross-border merger of the Bank of New York Mellon (Ireland) Limited with the Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV and internal reorganisation within the BNY Mellon group.
- Advising Zendesk Inc in respect of its real estate requirements at One Grand Parade and EMEA headquarters at 55 Charlemont, Dublin 2.
- Advising Xerox in respect of its real estate requirements including the sale of four office buildings located in North County Dublin extending to 136,000 square foot.
- Advising AXA Insurance in respect of its extensive real estate portfolio throughout Ireland, including sales, acquisitions, occupational lettings and the full spectrum of landlord and tenant matters.
- Advising Trinity College Dublin with respect to its significant and varied real estate portfolio, including real estate acquisitions, leasing, estate management and development.
- Acting for a wide range of high profile multinational IT companies and financial institutions establishing and expanding their presence in Ireland.
Niamh Maher is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Niamh Maher is "very capable, provides good guidance and is swift with her follow-ups".
Chambers Europe 2019
Niamh Maher "understands the priorities and delivers on time".
Chambers Europe 2019
Trinity College Dublin (LLM)
University College Dublin and Université d'Aix-Marseille (BCL European)
University of Cambridge, Judge Business School, Business Management Programme
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Applied Finance Law)
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Commercial Property Law)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland