Susanne is a partner in the Corporate M&A Group specialising in equity capital markets transactions and advisory matters. Susanne has acted on a number of IPOs and takeovers and also advises on the raising of debt on capital markets. Susanne has particular expertise on corporate governance compliance matters and on securities regulation under the Market Abuse Regulation and the Irish Transparency and Prospectus regimes and on the Irish Takeover Rules.
Susanne provides board induction and ongoing training and specialist corporate governance, compliance and / or securities laws advices.
Susanne joined Matheson in 2019 from another leading law firm.
Susanne's experience includes:
- Smurfit Kappa Group on all aspects of its response to two unsolicited offers received from International Paper Company.
- Innocoll Holdings on its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by Gurnet Point for $209 million.
- Smurfit Kappa Group on its issue of €500 million of Senior Notes due 2024 and numerous prior issuances of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes.
- Philips 66 on its sale of Whitegate Oil Refinery to Irving Oil.
- JED Davy on the upgrade of Dolata’s listing to the main securities market of the ISA.
- Smurfit Kappa Group on its upgrade to premium listing on the KULA resulting in FTSE 100 ranking.
- King Digital Entertainment on its redomicilation into Ireland and US$7.2 billion listing on NYSE and subsequently its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by Activision Blizzard for US$5.9 billion.
- Norkom on its recommended €217 million takeover by BAE Systems.
Susanne McMenamin is named a Rising Star
Susanne McMenamin is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University College Dublin, LLM (Commercial Law)
University College Dublin, Business and Law