Matheson’s Corporate M&A Group is one of the leading corporate practices in Ireland, consistently mandated on the most high-profile, complex and high value transactions in both the domestic and cross border markets.
We advise clients on the full range of public and private transactions, private equity transactions, fundraisings, strategic joint ventures, migrations, divestments, spin-outs, reorganisations and corporate compliance and governance issues.
We have a strong sector focus that allows us to work with clients with the benefit of a deep regulatory and market understanding of their businesses.
We have advised either the buyer or target on 7 of the last 10 public M&A transactions and are consistently ranked among the leading Irish firms in the Mergermarket M&A legal adviser league tables.
- On the pending $80 billion all-share combination between Aon plc and Willis Towers Watson.
- Independent News & Media Plc on its recommended €145 million public takeover by Mediahuis NV.
- IFG Group plc in its €206 million recommended public takeover by Epiris LLP.
- CGI Inc on its public takeover of SCISYS Group plc.
- FEXCO and Goodbody on the proposed acquisition of Goodbody Stockbrokers by a Chinese consortium led by the Zhongze Group.
- Aon plc on its re-domiciliation from the UK to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company on the NYSE.
- Cimpress on its re-domiciliation from the Netherlands to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company on Nasdaq.
- STERIS, a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services, on its re-domiciliation from the UK to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, STERIS plc, on the NYSE.
- Irving Oil on its acquisition of the Whitegate Refinery and, subsequently, Top Oil/Tedcastles.
- AMP Capital, as investment manager of The Ireland Infrastructure Fund, on its acquisition of enet, Ireland’s largest fibre optic provider.
- Insight Venture Capital on investments in AMCS, the world’s leading supplier of integrated software for the waste collection and recycling industry, and Fenergo.
- Weatherford International plc, the Irish registered, NYSE listed parent of the Weatherford group of companies, on one of the largest and most complex cross-border corporate restructurings of 2019.
- Vermillion Energy Inc on its acquisition (valued at over €1 billion), together with a Canadian pension fund, of the Corrib gas project.
- Gurnet Point Capital, a $2 billion healthcare investment fund, on its €209 million public takeover of Innocoll Holdings plc, a Nasdaq listed global pharmaceutical and medical device company.