Clients looking to raise capital need sophisticated advice with sector-specific insights. Whether it is a domestic or multi-jurisdictional transaction, we have advised issuers, shareholders, underwriters and sponsors on many of the most significant equity financings in recent years, including IPOs, secondary offerings, private placements and share buybacks. We also work closely with our debt capital capital markets colleagues on issuances of hybrid securities.
An IPO or secondary offering can be complex and time consuming. Using our depth of experience and market knowledge we work with clients to provide tailored legal advice and expert project management in a tight timeframe – helping to ensure that issuers meet their strategic capital needs.
Matheson is standing Irish legal adviser to approximately one third of large-cap and mid-cap US listed, Irish re-domiciled companies, and a number of leading domestic issuers, who we counsel throughout the corporate life cycle on ongoing transactional and non-transactional projects, including initial listing, M&A, follow-on offerings, group re-organisations, returns of value and matters of corporate governance and reputational/crisis risk management.
- Fergus Bolster
- George Brady
- Emma Doherty
- David Fitzgibbon
- David Jones
- Helen Kelly
- Brian McCloskey
- Madeline McDonnell
- Susanne McMenamin
- Robert O'Shea
- Tim Scanlon
- Patrick Spicer
- Cornerstone investors on a US$ 51.9 million private placement of securities issued by Iterum Therapeutics plc.
Weatherford International plc, the Irish registered, NYSE listed, oilfield services company on one of the largest global corporate restructuring transactions in 2019 (and one of the largest in Irish corporate history), involving a $5.8 billion debt-for-equity swap and refinancing.
- Fidante Capital, as lead manager, on the IPO of Yew Grove REIT plc on AIM and the Euronext Growth market of Euronext Dublin and the related EUR75 million placing.
- Bridgedale and members of Glenveagh management on the €696 million IPO of Glenveagh Properties plc on the London Stock Exchange and Euronext Dublin.
- Credit Suisse (as financial adviser) on the listing of Linde plc on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, as the cornerstone investor, on the €270 million placing and listing of Greencoat.
- Renewables plc on AIM and on the Euronext Growth market of Euronext Dublin.
- The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund on its investment in Mainstay Medical International plc, an Irish company listed on Euronext Paris and the Euronext Growth.
- Tullow Oil plc, which is listed on the main markets for listed securities of the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Dublin and the Ghana Stock Exchange, on all Irish legal aspects of its £600 million rights’ issue of new ordinary shares.
- Capital Royalty Group on a $50 million credit facility for, and associated equity investment in, Strongbridge Biopharma plc.
- Aryzta AG on its scrip dividend issuance of new shares on Euronext Dublin.
- J&E Davy as sponsor, joint book runner and joint broker on Kenmare Resources plc’s capital reorganisation and restructuring comprising of a cornerstone equity placing of $100 million, a firm equity placing and an open offer to raise in aggregate up to $370 million.
- Apax, a major shareholder, in relation to the IPO of King Digital Entertainment plc on the New York Stock Exchange.