Ireland has succeeded in attracting some of the world’s largest organisations to establish operations here. This includes some of the most advanced and leading companies in the technology, pharmaceutical, biosciences, manufacturing and financial services sectors.
There are a number of key reasons:
- Ireland’s low corporate tax rate – corporation tax on trading profits is 12.5% which does not breach EU or OECD harmful tax competition criteria
- regulatory, economic and people infrastructure of a highly-developed OECD jurisdiction
- benefits of EU membership and the only English–speaking jurisdiction in the euro-zone
- as a common law jurisdiction, our legal system is similar to that of the US and the UK
- provision of a specific tax credit for research and development activity
- very limited transfer pricing rules
- an extensive and expanding double tax treaty network with 46 countries.
- Kieran Trant
- Brian Doohan
- Emma Doherty
- Deirdre Dunne
- Pat English
- Shane Hogan
- Michael Jackson
- Robert O’Shea
- Mark O’Sullivan
- John Ryan
Consistently recognised as one of Ireland’s leading corporate law firms, Matheson has a practice that encompasses all aspects of corporate and business law. We provide a comprehensive service to an international client base. We have a leading corporate practice and have significantly the largest tax practice amongst Irish law firms. We are consistently ranked as the leading tax law firm in Ireland by all the leading journals including the International Tax Review. Our Inward Investment Group is a leader in its field, advising many of the world’s leading corporations and institutions on the legal and tax aspects of establishing operations in Ireland.
We have extensive experience in dealing with the government agencies and authorities which have a role to play in the establishment, taxation and regulation of different types of operations in Ireland. We have advised both the Industrial Development Agency of Ireland (IDA) and the Department of Finance on various matters concerning the legal and tax aspects of Ireland’s inward investment infrastructure. We have also assisted these government agencies in the drafting of appropriate legislation to this end.
We are a full service corporate law firm covering every aspect of Irish corporate, financial and business law. We have the resources to successfully manage and implement transactions according to our clients requirements, thereby helping our clients achieve their business objectives. We are committed to providing clients with advice and assistance of the highest calibre. Our approach in supporting in-house counsel of companies doing business in Ireland, is to ensure accessibility and support at short notice with a particular emphasis on efficient same day response where practicable. We also have offices in London, New York and Palo Alto, California and the interaction between those offices allows us to service the needs of clients across most major time-zones on a real time basis.
Our dedicated Inward Investment Group and our Irish qualified lawyers in our London and US offices co-ordinate all of the firm’s inward investment activities.
Our Inward Investment Group is multi-disciplinary, drawing on the expertise of all relevant practice areas including corporate and commercial law, tax law, competition law, employment law, pensions law, property law, construction law, planning and environmental law, intellectual property and information technology law and finance and capital markets law. We primarily advise on:
- legal and tax aspects of doing business in and through Ireland
- legal and tax aspects of restructurings and reorganisation projects involving Irish entities or assets
- establishment of operations and related structures in and from Ireland
- corporate and Regulatory compliance services for international clients.